Sunday, July 12, 2009

 

Blogflation


Thony C., the longtime and generally rational commenter on John Wilkins' blog, Evolving Thoughts, has taken the deeply irrational step of starting his own blog, The Renaissance Mathematicus -- the intellectual equivalent of owning a boat, i.e. a hole in the water into which you pour all your money. Thony will now be pouring all his thought into a hole in his time (as I well know). The reason he gives for that decision:

The doorbell rang and when I opened the door this albino gorilla with a thick Aussie accent said, "Yer should start yer own effin blog or I'll sit on yer!" so here I am…

... at least has the merit of avoiding mayhem. And Thony's loss is the gain for the rest of us ... once you find the place, which it has taken me a month to do* ... meaning I'm going to be losing more time catching up.

Drat it!

_____________________________________

* Hat tip to John Farrell, whose blogs are also worth a perusal.
.

Comments:
Thank you for the encouraging words kind sir. I would have thought, less irrational and more insane ;)
 
Okay, I was trying to be nice.

;-)
 
John, you'll be helping me press-gang this poor lad, right?
 
I'm sure he won't know what hit him, being new and all.
 
This is entirely untrue. I never sit on anyone; I delegate...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

. . . . .

Organizations

Links
How to Support Science Education
archives