Friday, May 11, 2007

 

Good to the Last Dope


WingNutDaily (aka WorldNetDaily) has once again identified an earth-shaking issue of religious persecution. In its story, "Starbucks markets more 'anti-God' coffee cups," they actually are upset at the heinous thought that God … you know, the fire and brimstone fellow … might just not be a barrel of laughs. The latest knickers knot is over the following appearing on some Starbucks cups:

Heaven is totally overrated. It seems boring. Clouds, listening to people play the harp. It should be somewhere you can’t wait to go, like a luxury hotel. Maybe blue skies and soft music were enough to keep people in line in the 17th century, but Heaven has to step it up a bit. They're basically getting by because they only have to be better than Hell.

-- Joel Stein, columnist for the Los Angeles Times

Now, maybe it's just me, but I missed where God is actually mentioned there. But, according to the chief knot-sitter, one Ken Peck of Lakeland, Florida:
Everyone I've shown the cup to has been flabbergasted, whether they have a faith in Christ or not.
Don't quote me on this Ken, but somehow I can't quite get over the feeling that Mr. Stein was engaged in something rather like jest when he wrote that.

It's one thing to be a humorless dweeb, Ken, but admitting that everyone you know is too strikes me as rather sad.
_______________________________

Via Dispatches from the Culture Wars.
.

Comments:
It is a bit late tonight, but I would love to reply to your post. To make a long story short for now, my comments to the writer of the WND story were taken out of context.
 
Fair enough. I look forward to your explanation. I'll do what I can to give it as much exposure as possible.
 
Love the graphic, dahling!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

. . . . .

Organizations

Links
How to Support Science Education
archives